Edited by Nataly Bogorad
February 19, 2020
List of Free PDF Form Fillers
If you fill out PDF forms frequently, you might have figured out that not every PDF-editing program lets you edit a form. Filling out forms by hand is time-consuming, so we’ve come up with a list of 10 best PDF form fillers. Read the article and choose the one that suits your needs.
Top 10 PDF Fillers for Mac and Windows
Movavi PDF Editor helps you with PDF-related tasks without risking the security of your information. This form-filling software supports both Windows and Mac and works as a PDF viewer, a PDF creator, a PDF editor, and a PDF converter. You can create documents, fill and sign PDFs, edit text, and convert PDF files into popular formats.
What you can do with Movavi PDF Editor:
- Open, navigate, and print PDF documents
- Add and edit text
- Insert, crop, and resize an image in a PDF doc
- Sign PDFs and email them with the signature
- Combine files into a single PDF
- Split a large PDF into smaller size files
- Extract images from PDF files to JPG, PNG, and BMP
- Convert JPG, PNG, BMP, and other images to PDF files
After a free 7-day trial, you can use the program as a free PDF reader. For more advanced tasks, Movavi PDF Editor offers affordable subscription plans (starting from $4.95).
PDF Buddy is an online tool that lets you fill out forms quickly and without downloading any programs – all you need is a web browser.
- It’s an online tool, so you don’t have to download any software.
- It’s easy to use.
- To use more advanced features, you need to log in to the website.
PDF-XChange is a desktop program that lets you not only fill in PDF forms but also secure documents, add images to your PDFs, and customize your experience. For example, you can customize security options and even your toolbar. Another advantage is that you can choose the language of the app – English, Spanish, German, French, and many more. One of the disadvantages is that the interface is not so simple.
- The app has additional editing options.
- It comes with inbuilt Optical Character Recognition (OCR). The program recognizes text in a scanned document and lets you edit it.
- It’s customizable.
- It’s available in many languages.
- The interface is a little too complex – it’s not easy to figure out this app.
- It works on Windows only.
PDFescape is another desktop app for Windows 7, 8, and 10. The program lets you fill out forms and work with other PDF files. It also offers a free online version that you can use to fill out forms without downloading the program.
- The app has an online tool that works as a free PDF form filler.
- It lets you edit both PDF files and images.
- It works on Windows only.
CutePDF Editor has two tools – a desktop program for Windows and an online tool that works in your browser. The online version lets you extract, rotate, and resize pages but doesn’t allow you to fill out forms. The paid desktop version has many more features and offers a free trial.
- The app has both a desktop and an online version.
- The desktop app works on Windows only.
- The desktop app isn’t free.
- The online app doesn’t have advanced features.
Using PDFill, you can merge, split, and reorder pages, add watermarks, convert PDFs, fill out forms, and more – all of these functions are free. The only downside is that the program supports Windows only.
- The program offers many free features.
- PDFill doesn't support Mac.
- The interface isn’t very polished.
This program lets you edit various items – you can edit text, radio buttons, checkboxes, and more. It makes filling out forms easier. You can also export and import PDFs or import them as a PDF or XML file. Another great feature is an ability to secure documents – you can set a password to determine who has access to a PDF.
- You can fill out any type of form.
- The app lets you protect PDFs with a password.
- The software doesn’t support Mac.
ApowerPDF is a desktop solution for many PDF-related tasks. It lets you edit, convert, sign, merge, and compress documents. You can also add watermarks and images. The program is paid, but it has a free trial.
- The program has many editing features.
- The interface is simple.
- The app isn’t free.
iSkysoft is a desktop PDF editor that works on both PC and Mac. It can help you not only fill out forms but also create forms and sign them. You can also add notes, extract data from scanned documents, and protect PDFs with passwords. The only con is that the app is paid, but you still can try it for free.
- The program works on both Windows and Mac.
- It lets you create, fill out, and sign forms.
- The app is paid.
PDF Form Filler is a program developed specifically for Mac. It lets you edit text, add images, checkmark buttons, and sign PDFs. The software offers a free trial.
- The program has a free trial, 30-day money-back guarantee, and a lifetime free update.
- The program works on Mac only.
- It’s a paid application.
Movavi PDF Editor
Everything you need from PDF Software!
- PDF creation from scratch
- Different PDF-editing modes (4-in-1 page arrangement, text editing, and object editing)
- Ready-to-use legal form templates
- Digital signature solutions
- One-click file export and print output
Disclaimer: Please be aware that Movavi Screen Recorder does not allow capture of copy-protected video and audio streams.